Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cupboard Essentials

Sorry for the silence on this line! I've been incredibly busy with work for my English degree. My Etsy shop is currently on vacation because in July I'm going away to do a study abroad at Oxford University. I've been increasing my study of herbalism. I've expanded my herb garden and my library of herb books and have begun blending teas and making salves for what ails my family. When I harvest my herbs at the end of the summer, I'll be making some tinctures as well. Natural living and wholefood eating have definitely improved my health.
Here are a few of the things I've come to swear by in my cupboard (if I swore):
 -Honey: It's perfect for naturally and healthfully sweetening herbal teas, but it's also great for putting on cleaned cuts and breakouts to sanitize and heal.
 -Baking Soda: Perfect for making pastes for drawing stings and bites. Also a great cleansing agent for when you're making your own natural shampoos.
 -Apple Cider Vinegar: Great for cleaning anything, also a key ingredient to make natural toners and aftershave. Tasty for salad dressings too.
 - Tea tree Essential Oil: One of the best anti-fungal and cleansing oils. You don't have to dilute it to apply it to your skin on cuts and rashes.
 -Lavender Essential oil: Great to splash on your pillow in times of stress, rub on your temples to help headaches, or add to bathwater to help your whole body to release stress.
 -Licorice Root: A perfect balancing agent for nearly any herbal concoction. Once you research it, it amazes you even more. Super sweet and flavorful, helps cure what ails you.

No comments:

Post a Comment