Friday, February 11, 2011

Etsy Teams and Branding

With all the new forum changes, teams are springing up left and right to fill the gap. I didn't want to, but I have jumped on the bandwagon, so to speak. I joined the Shop of the Day Team (full of lovely people and enthusiastic promoters). I also joined the Wholligans (or Doctor Who fans) team, because sometimes it's nice to have someone to get excited with over the show. Very few of my friends watch it.
I also started a team. I am now the captain of English Geeks of Etsy. So many members I've seen on forums love reading and writing and many sell literature related items. I thought it would be fun to come together as a community and discuss that love.
With my other shop, I'm a member of the Etsy Bloggers, but I'm still unsure of what to do about my first shop. It's in vacation mode currently.
I'm not sure how to "brand" Crafting Birds, my first shop. I make jewelry, accessories, clothing, and many of my items are made from recycled materials. Do I want to go in the direction of recycled artsy pieces or historically inspired items? I don't know if my shop can support both. It's a lot to contemplate.
I'm planning on selling live at (at least) two different events this summer, I'll be mixing merchandise from both my shops at these events. The main event will be my soaps, but I'll lay out some bags and jewelry as well to draw more people into my tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment