Sunday, February 6, 2011

Woodsy new fragrance blends

I've been experimenting with my oils and have two new fragrances I'm playing with. They'll probably become perfumes and possibly then matching soaps.
Nymph- This is a fresh, sweet, citrusy blend. It has base notes of Rosewood with a bit of Bergamot (my new favorite oil to blend, I'm obsessed), Oakmoss, and Amber. There will be a balance of earthiness with a light whimsical quality.
Autumn Woods- It has similar qualities to Nymph, but has a base of Cedarwood, with Vanilla and Rosemary. Bright, herbaceous, I think it could also work for a man.
Both are made from fragrance blends that are mostly comprised of essential oils blended by me. I've been toying with the idea of making roll-on oil perfumes as well, but I'm not sure. I like the solid perfume medium, it's convenient, moisturizing, and a very economical way to buy perfume. However, not many people I talk to are that familiar with solid perfume. The oil would be more expensive to make and I'm not sure how it would do. It's something to consider as I (hopefully) grow my business.

No comments:

Post a Comment