Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Soap Making Day

I spent all afternoon whipping up some new soap recipes. They foamed a little more than I would have liked in spite of the extra olive oil I added to the recipe, but they are still very lovely. I made three different varieties:
Sweet Mint- I put fresh mint leaves from my garden in each bar of this cool refreshing soap
Cinnamon Spice- Real cinnamon sticks and nutmeg make these the prettiest bars I've created
Hot Cocoa- Milk, Dutch cocoa powder and a dash of cinnamon oil make this smell like heaven
They will take two weeks to cure and then I will take them with me to a new farm market I have found. I've also listed for a local crafts show this fall. I need to buy more honey so that I can make Milk and Honey soap, I may also make some Oatmeal soap next week. One recipe I've pieced together from several sources and am very interested to try is what I will call: Outdoors-Man Soap. Using aseptic and bug repellent essential oils along with garden sand it will be a highly exfoliating cleanser perfect for sportsmen and outdoor enthusiasts. I will let you know how that prototype goes after I've gathered all the ingredients.
I've been keeping busy making jewelry and sewing at least a little everyday, but I start a new job at a bakery next week so I won't have quite as much time for my crafting. I was hoping that I would sell well at the flea market and start picking up more on Etsy, then I wouldn't have to take another job. Alas, maybe someday.

1 comment: