Sunday, June 6, 2010

News from the local farmers' market...

I can't sell there since I don't actually grow all my supplies, but I was invited down to meet with one of the coordinators to bring a sample of my work and discuss the crafts fair they are planning in the fall. We had a lovely conversation, I wore some of my jewelry and brought her one of my paisely pouches with two cakes of soap; Cinnamon Spice and Peppermint.
She asked me to help head up a committee for organizing the fair and when she learned about my experience in English and journalism, asked for my help with PR and organizing a newsletter for the market and all their events. I miss my days helping out with the ren. faire and this is so close to home, it's ideal. Besides, I'm always looking to gain more experience to set me apart from the thousands of other student journalists looking for a career in the shrinking market. I'm very enthusiasic. They want to host an "Energy Fest," eco-friendly event this fall that I could help out at and possibly sell my Upcycled bags.
This could be the beginning of a beautiful collaboration.

No comments:

Post a Comment